Galentine's Day


"She wasn’t looking for a knight. She was looking for a sword."-Atticus


As Valentine's Day approaches and I find myself single...yet again, my brain starts working in overtime asking all these questions that truly aren't helpful or very kind.

Why am I still single? How did another girl I went to high school with get engaged?? Am I too fat/ugly/dramatic/awkward/etc.? How did I end up here?

The list goes on and on for me as I'm sure it does for many girls. And it leaves me feeling kinda like this:



BUT.

Why do we allow ourselves to feel this way about it? I am certainly no expert, but I believe that no holiday can take my joy, especially one all about love.

We are so much more than enough. For other's and ourselves. I'm still working on believing that, but when I started to engage in more positivity, my life started looking like I wanted it to.

I love so many people in my life and just because I happen to be single right now, doesn't mean I can't celebrate my love and the love people have for me.

So, I came up with a kind of To-Do list for the single girl on Valentine's Day:

1. Reach out to your loved ones (no matter who it is, let them know you love them).

2. Take time for self-love (whether that be going to Lush to buy all the bath bombs, or simply having quiet time to pray or mediate).

3. Buy yourself something nice or just something you like! This year, I bought myself this GORG red Rachel Parcell Dress.





4. Eat ice cream or pizza (Papa Murphy's is selling their heart shaped pizza's again! Yum!) or whatever you want for dinner that night.

5. Go out with your Galentine's! or stay in. Surround yourself with people you love, or take some time for yourself!

6. Remember to laugh! (here is a video of my best friend Ali and I two years ago on Valentine's day...your welcome😂)
(Don't even truly know what to say about this video😅 Fortunately, or unfortunately there are plenty more like this on my phone and computer.)

7. Make a plan of action. (This year is the year of putting myself out there, and for me that means going out more and actually trying to date. My love life won't change unless I change something in my day to day life.)

8. Dance. it. out. Here's the perfect Galentine's playlist for your dance party!
https://open.spotify.com/user/1222984571/playlist/4VyRfP5ClV9zfMscImrpyF?si=Wg2aFSbERoGf0S5vVuZW-w

9. Go to the movies! So many cute ones are out right now!

10. Finally, take the time to be thankful...for others in your life AND yourself. Make a list of things you love about yourself or list all the reasons your life is blessed.

The main idea is just to have fun! I feel like this holiday is always so dreaded and made fun of, but it doesn't have to be. And besides, it's truly just another day on the calendar. Ain't no holiday gonna steal my joy!

Share something you do for yourself this Valentine's Day below in the comments!

<3

Em


What I'm listening to: "Fallingwater" https://open.spotify.com/track/2CPLGREl5ahzA2WPBMkpxh

Comments

Popular Posts